Hello Artists, a few quick questions.
- Do you paint what you think is popular?
- Do you paint what you think might sell?
- Do you paint in a style uniquely yours?
- Do you paint what grabs your attention?
- Are your paintings ‘exercises’?
Take a look at Van Gogh. He saw his boots and painted them. Not popular. Not in demand.
The legend is Van Gogh sold only one painting in his lifetime. Meanwhile his “Irises” went for 53.9 million in 1990.
I haven’t painted in a while. I’m trying to jog my brain, motivate myself to get back to the easel.
I’m saying to my self – “Self, paint on”. Paint whatever and however you want. No restraints. No hard rules. Once in a while go out on a limb. Approach your canvas like you never saw it before. Paint in a new way. Use different brushes. Make a quick painting of something you “simplify”. Rediscover the joy of making your mark.
Hello Artists, Show me one of yours and I’ll show you ones of mine.